Department of Education, State of Hawaii, OHR-EB/TDI 2016- Present
Personnel Clerk III
- Process Open Enrollment Health Benefit forms by reviewing for completeness and accuracy before forwarding to EUTF, Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust.
- Assist employees with Insurance or Benefit information from the various Providers as follows: HSTA, VEBA, Island Flex-Comprehensive Financial Planning, Island Savings-Deferred Comp, National Benefits Services, LLC (NBS), and PTD Deferred Comp along with many others.
- Process Separation forms
- Process Notice of Change of address or personal information
- Prepare New Hire packets for the new school year and forward to the various schools, district locations and/or offices. These packets are prepared for employees that are going to be hired for the new School Year and/or New hires that are hired on a daily basis.
- Maintain various logs for various transactions for New Hires, Resignations, Terminations, and Separations.
- Process EC-1’s for the following event changes: Adoption, Birth, Guardianship, New Eligible Student, Marriage, Domestic Partner, Civil Union, New Hire, Newly Eligible, Reinstatement in Employment, Return from Authorized Leave of Absence, Separations, Open Enrollment, Terminations, Retiree, and Event changes making sure all information is accurate and all obtained from the employee for completeness of the form.
- Provide information on various Benefits being deducted from the employee’s payroll each period using the VAX system to determine those deductions.
- Using eHR and VAX to confirm the employment with Department of Education, as well as their location, position, and FTE.
- Work with the different Department of Education Units, Record and Transactions, Recruitment to obtain additional information for confirmation of employment with Department of Education on employees that are newly hired
Department of Education, State of Hawaii, OHR-EBC/TDI 2016- 2015
Personnel Clerk III
- Process Temporary Disability Claims submitted to determine eligibility of Temporary Disability Benefits.
- Work with school SASA to obtain documentation for process of TDI Claim
- Reconcile Form 7 and/or Principal Reports to determine eligibility of Temporary Disability Insurance Benefits
- Obtain information from eHR on each claim that is submitted by a claimant/employee to confirm the employee is employed with DOE, state of Hawaii, FTE, position, location of Job site, personal information on the claimant, such as home address, telephone number, etc.
- Work with SASA at the school and Secretaries to process paperwork, request for information and any additional questions that are needed to complete the processing of a Temporary Disability Insurance claim submitted.
- Work with Payroll on obtaining payroll information to determine the amount of TDI Benefits when a claimant is eligible for Temporary Disability Benefits.
- Submit and work with Department of Labor when a claimant is determined ineligible for Temporary Disability Benefits.
- Provide inquiries from Leave Share Unit on employees that have applied for TDI.
Department of Education, State of Hawaii, OHR-Labor Relations 2015
Personnel Clerk V (89 Hire)
- Organize and prepare Grievance files for storage off site and/or onsite.
- Scan documentation into system making sure completeness of Grievance files.
- Assist with preparing School Year Packets for school year 2015-2016, duplicate 900 packets for Track Schools for delivery before first day of school.
- Prepare and process Request for Release Time letters for Union members such as teachers, etc which consist of working with Bargaining Unit 05, Secretary of Hawaii Teachers Association and Bargaining Unit 06, 03, 02 for HGEA employees.
- Assist Negotiations Unit with filing, scanning and organizing of documents and files.
- Organize server making sure, no duplicate documents, files etc. are on the server.
- Prepare files for Grievance appeal meetings with Superintendent.
Porter McGuire Kiakona & Chow, LLP 2012-2014
- Managed attorney’s complete calendar schedule
- Collected and organized data gathered from the Bureau of Conveyances
- Researched confidential information gathered for cases
- Assisted others with different task as needed
- Dealt with clients, associations, and partners via email, in person and over the phone to relay confidential information to its proper receiver
- Accessed highly confidential files, documents, and meetings to assist in cases
- Filed paper work with the courts
- Notarized documents as needed
Dellew Corporation 2003-2012
Human Resource Assistant
- Managed job openings (updating website job postings, attending job fairs, etc.)
- Scheduled interviews for job applicants
- Coordinated new-hire processing, employee onboarding as well as termination processing
- Conducted pre-employment background checks (drug testing, background checks, fingerprint cards, etc.)
- Obtained Fingerprint cards
- Managed various reporting (EEO, VETS 100, OSHA Reporting, NEW HIRE Reporting)
- Maintained the following confidential files:
- Affirmative Action Plan
- Workers Compensation Claims (WC-1) filing, TDI Process
o Government Contracts
- Background checks with Department of Defense and OPM o
o Wells Fargo terminations (retirement account) o Accounting tasks as needed (AP, Reconciliation of Vendor accounts, Payment Plans, etc.)
- Obtained Local Records Check (LRC) with Federal Government Agency
- Prepared security packet submissions for Government clearance
Iva Kinimaka’s Komplete Katering 2001-2002
Administrative Assistant / Manager
- Assisted various managers with operational daily duties
- Coordinated catering orders and ensured completeness with all aspects of catering
- Enforced that all filing systems, invoices, deposits, and checks were maintained and updated
- Maintained the requisition forms and books by spot checking correctness and completing the price.
- Ensured daily procedures are done before, during and after the restaurant is in operation
- Supervised all employee job duties to ensure we are providing the best customer service
Denise K. Romero
420 N. Kuakini Street, Apartment 12 Honolulu, HI 96817 | (808) 258-1284 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Auto’s Pacific, Inc. 2001-2002
- Performed Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer duties
- Handled and processed transfer of automobile titles for Windward Dodge (Kaneohe, Hawai’i)
- Created billing invoices
- Managed accounting books
Hong & Kwock, Attorneys at Law 1990-1998
- Provided front-desk representation, clerical support and customer service
- Updated and organized client files and billing
- Organized, delivered and filed court documents to various court office’s
- Researched topics at Supereme Court Law Library for attorney’s
- Researched title information at the Bureau of Conveyances
- Handled company financial transaction deposits
- Managed appointments for attorney’s and paralegals/office manager
- Supervised and trained new-hire employees
- Revised court and correspondence documetns for attorney’s and paralegals/office manager
Morgan Stanley (aka Dean Witter)
Chang, Mui, Chang & Chock, Attorneys at Law
Hawaii State Capital, Legislature, House of Representative
Rainer Mortgage Company
- • Microsoft Products, Access (minimum experience), UNIX, Windows, Apple, Internet, MAS 200, PowerPoint, PCLaw, and ADAM.
References will be available upon request